I’ve been working on the implementation of a Performance Management System. It’s a huge undertaking, and has kept me working for months. I’ve joked around the office that I’ve had PMS for the past nine months. Now I’m getting closer and closer to the finish line. So close, in fact, that I had time today to work on the next project I’m doing here at the credit union.
It’s a training class for our Real Estate products, and I’m actually converting an existing 2 day class called Missionopoly into a one day training session. Today I got to do something I’ve looked forward to since I started the project. I got to make this cool logo. It took me a little bit of time to find out what the right font was, then to get Uncle Pennybags, but I’m pleased with the way it’s turned out.
The class session should be pretty interesting. Participants complete pre-work that is focused on the critical skills we need them to have, understanding RE terminology, knowing the products and services, etc… then when they come to class they get Missionopoly dollars for every answer they get right on the pre-work. We’ll have participants complete a few captivate simulations to work on procedural knowledge, then spend the afternoon
working playing Missionopoly. Instead of the original Monopoly locations, we’ve replaced them with the different credit union branches. To review, the participants need to answer a question before rolling the dice. I think it’ll be effective and fun.
I’m so glad I’m working on something new. That last project was really starting to cramp my style.